Monday, July 14, 2014

Interview with Til Death We Rise!

Genre(s): Death Metal
Location: Desoto, MO
PSAB: Where did the band name “Til Death We Rise” come from exactly?

Derrick: I came up with the name back in my freshmen year, but never used it until this band got together.

PSAB: You're currently working on a new album titled Anthems of Oblivion. When  can we expect to hear anything from that album?

Paul: Were just finishing up gathering the funds for the album and will be heading into the studio as soon as we get them together so hopefully well have a single within the next couple months followed by the full release.

PSAB: If you could have one musician featured on one of your tracks. Which musician would that be?

Derrick: Defiantly Mitch lucker it would've been cool to do something before he passed

Paul: Travis Ryan from Cattle Decapitation or Phil Bozeman from Whitechapel. Both have been a huge influence for me vocally so it would be sick to do a song with them.

Zach: I'd Love to have sinister gates featured on a track

PSAB: How is the metal scene in Desoto, MO?
Paul: Absolutely Terrible haha there are a few bands around here but we're honestly the only current "heavy metal" band per se going in this town. There have been a few that popped up in the past but currently were the only one working on anything currently.

PSAB: What were some of the bands you listened to growing up? Do those bands play an influence on your music now?

Derrick: Def Leppard, Metallica, Rush ect. and yeah those bands are reason we have a lot of the classic rock/ metal sound and feel we have in the guitar riffs.

Zach: As i lay dying, bless the fall, asking alexandria, ozzy osbourne, metallica, slayer, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, August burns red, slipknot, system of a down, papa roach. All music influences me and it's helped a lot with the variety in my writing.

Paul: When i first got into metal i was really into Nú Metal bands like Slipknot, Deftones, SOAD and they all really have a influence in the way of lyrics and word play in the songs.

PSAB: Have any shout outs to give?

Zach: Shout out to my family, friends, and fans that keep me motivated and focused on my music goals. Id like to thank God for all of my talents and for of all the talented people that He has put in my life.

Paul: To my parents for the support and help they've given us. Derrick and Erics mom Kim for all the help and supporting is from the beginning. To all my family and friends for all their support and love they've shown this band in the time we've been around. God for the talent and inspiration to do this. Bill Boardman and Sam Escobar for opening their studio to us and Mike Judy for helping us get our start. All of my band mates. Last but not least thank to Pig Squeals and Breakdowns for doing this interview

Derrick: To my mom Kim for all the support and Help, Alex, to Bill and Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment