Thursday, April 11, 2013

Interview with Andonis Angelos!

Band: Andonis Angelos
Genre: Experimental / Deathcore

Q: Where does the band name "Andonis Angelos" come from?

The name of the band, Andonis Angelos, is just my name. Exactly, a Greek traduction of my name. I choosed this name when I started to do cover and songs on YouTube, because I was alone and because I'm really into Hellenism/Greek mythology and these kind of things.

Q: You are signed to Wild Ruins Creations currently, how is the experience being signed to them?

Wild Ruins Creations have been started by my mate of A.M.V.G, Saint Karnel. For the moment, we aren't too big. The only bands signed on Wild Ruins Creations are A.M.V.G, an alternative and experimental Black Metal band (and I'm vocalist in this band since 2013), Andonis Angelos and Le Requiem De Candide (the project of Saint Karnel). He also have some other artistic project who are related to Wild Ruins Creations. It's not limited to a genre or to music only, WRC is a way to unite artist who have a similar vision of art.

Q: You combine many different elements of music into your own music. Why did you choose this route instead of sticking to one genre?

I choose to combine different genres of music because I'm fan of a lot of styles. My main styles are Deathcore, Progressive Metal, Black Metal and (real) Post-Hardcore (not the scenecore stuffs), but I also like Slam Death, Progressive Rock or Hardcore Punk, so, I want to create a music who looks like me. And I also don't want to be limited to one genre.

Q: You're a one-man band, why did you choose this instead of the traditional band set up?

It wasn't my choice, I guess. I haven't find any musicians yet. And originally, Andonis Angelos wasn't really a band but just a way to have fun and to show what my vocals sound like to my friends. A way to find a band, maybe. Anyways, I didn't find a band or musicians, so I decided to make Andonis Angelos "my band" and to work only with guest (because I don't have the correct material to do drums, guitars, bass and synth myself). I hope that this project will grow again, so I will be able to make it a real band, with a traditionnal line-up. Anyways, for now, I also work with A.M.V.G and maybe I'll have a chance to work with Enceladus (a little German Djent band) in the future (I already recorded a demo song who's available on my SoundCloud).

Q: What bands play an influence on your music the most?

The band who influenced me the most are Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, All Shall Perish, Carnifex, Despised Icon, Born Of Osiris, Job For A Cowboy, Waking The Cadaver, Dyscarnate, Dying Fetus, Heaven Shall Burn and (early) Bring Me The Horizon. But I've been influenced before by bands such as Glassjaw, Deftones, Meshuggah, Eths, Pink Floyd, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, Terror, Caliban, Cannibal Corpse or Slipknot who decided me to start music. And I have a lot more other influences, naming all the bands would be impossible !

My main favourite vocalist are Mitch Lucker (Suicide Silence) and Phil Bozeman (Whitechapel). These two Men influenced me a lot.

Q: What are your goals for the rest of this year?

My objective for this year : firstly, I want to finish to record the vocals for "Ad Majorem Vermium Gloriam" (first EP of A.M.V.G) and in second position, I want to record some more demo for Andonis Angelos. I planed to record a first EP for Andonis Angelos, named "Narasimha", but for now, this project is sleeping.

Q: Do you have any shout outs to give to the readers?

I would like to thanks all the people who will take the time to listen to Andonis Angelos. I would like to thanks more the people who will write messages to me, to say what they think about it, etc... don't forget that you can download my first demo (the links is in my Facebook page) and that you can download few songs on SoundCloud (it's all free !).

No comments:

Post a Comment