Thursday, February 27, 2014

Interview with Aberration Within Arcadia!

Genre(s): Deathcore/Metalcore/Djent

PSAB: What does the band name "Aberration Within Arcadia" come from?

Odessa: Arcadia is synonymous with paradise, and aberration means to depart from what is normal or expected. "Aberration Within Arcadia" is a metaphor for corrupting paradise from within. It also represents our music as a whole. A divergence of ideas, feelings, and beliefs all under the same concept of greatness, hard hitting heavy music that departs from what is normal and expected among this genre.

PSAB: You're currently working on a new album, set to release sometime this year. When can we expect any new music from the upcoming album?

Alex: Hopefully within the next month or two, we haven't had much chance to get into the studio together lately due to my schedule. (College and work), but we're hoping to get together with another guitar player and drummer before the end of March.
 
Odessa: We do, however, have some demo versions of a few songs that can be downloaded for free via our Facebook page. Although they may or may not be on the album, so you'll just have to wait and see.

PSAB: You're currently signed to Nonchalant Minotaur Promotions, how has the experience been being signed to them?
 
Alex: Nonchalant minotaur isn't exactly a record label as much as just something I threw together to label all of my stuff under with a semi-cool name and logo. We actually had a band that wasn't one of my side projects on it for a while from Scotland (Eyes of the Fallen) whom I did some remastering for although they've recently broken up due to stress from College/School. (You can check out their single here: https://soundcloud.com/nonchalant-minotaur/eyes-of-the-fallen-sabotage).

PSAB: What is the local metal scene like in Salmon Arm, BC, Canada?
 
Alex: Pretty much non-existent (as far as I know) unfortunately, largely due to it being a fairly small town with a lot of the young population moving to larger cities upon graduating from high school. The city does, however, have a fairly prominent jazz scene that I've been lucky enough to have been part of occasionally (mostly filling in for my father when he couldn't make it to record a live gig, and playing in the high school Jazz band a couple years back).

PSAB: What bands did you listen to growing up and do those bands play an influence on your music now?

Alex: I listened to a lot of Slipknot when I started getting into metal. I just loved how heavy it sounded compared to everything else I was hearing at the time. I guess you could say Slipknot was my gateway drug to metal.

Odessa: First legit band I listened to was System of a Down, followed by Protest The Hero, and As I Lay Dying. However, now I primarily take influence from bands like Dir En Grey and Motionless In White.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to your fans?

Alex: Thanks for supporting us this early on in our music career and hopefully we can make some (more) music you guys can groove to! Keep it Thall!

No comments:

Post a Comment