Friday, May 9, 2014

Interview with Laws of Inertia!

Genre(s): Hardcore/Metal
Location: Hackettstown, NJ / Ogden, UT

PSAB: Why did you choose the name "Laws of Inertia" for your band?

LOI: Before Laws of Inertia was around, my friend Matt and I were in a band called Sum of all Fears. We never did anything; we had like two songs and never played anywhere so Matt proposed the idea to start a more serious, more technical project called Laws of Inertia. I'm not positive why he came up with it, but it sounds cool so it stuck. Matt also is no longer a part of the band.

PSAB: You haven't released an EP or album since August of 2013, but have released several singles over the course of 2014. When can we expect a new EP or a full album?

LOI: Currently, Spencer and I are writing a full album that should be out this summer. We released a few singles this year because we wanted to show everyone our new vocalist and give a taste of what's to come this year. The EP that was out last August was totally done by me and was rushed. In short, it sucks kinda. The new album, however, is having much more work put into it so it should be pretty cool.

PSAB: If you had the chance to share the stage with any band, which band would that be?
David: I would really love to share the stage with Veil of Maya because Marc has had a huge impact on how I play guitar. 
Spencer: Oh man, I would have to say The Contortionist. They are unlike any other band in my opinion.

PSAB: What are the top five bands that play an influence on your music the most?

David: Veil of Maya, The Black Dahlia Murder, Parkway Drive, Lorna Shore, and Whitechapel probably 
Spencer: Between The Buried and Me, Veil of Maya, Lorna Shore, The Contortionist, and Suicide Silence

PSAB: How is the local metal scene in Hackettstown, NJ and/or Ogden, UT?

David: The whole Northern Jersey scene is great. Lorna Shore and Existence are both from here so it's cool seeing them both blow up now in the metal community. There are always shows to go to with tons of really great bands with loads of potential.

Spencer: Ogden’s metal scene really fucking blows in my opinion. There are some cool bands but the last cool thing to come from my area was Chelsea Grin. Though they are not from Ogden, they are from SLC which is just forty five minutes away from Ogden. I really wish I could see this scene be where it used to be. Back in 2004-2008 was a really booming time for Ogden but since then it has severely slowed down.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to readers out there?

David: I know we're not huge, but I'd like to thank anyone who has ever listened to, downloaded, shared, or done anything else regarding our music. Pig Squeals and Breakdowns has hugely helped us get our name out. Daimien Hartranft of Get JIGGY With It and Shawn Rhude of Afflicted Records are my dudes. Anyone else who has helped LOI and me, you know who you are. Right now we don't have anything super-cool out, but I can assure you that our upcoming album will slay.

Spencer: I just wanna say thanks to anyone who has ever taken the time to listen to our music. Rob Donnelly who is the owner of Terror Tracks who has helped me since the beginning. A HUGE thanks to Pig Squeals and Breakdowns for always helping us out and exposing us to the music scene! And one last big thanks to everyone who ever took the time out of their day to listen/share/like us or support in any way, Big things are to come so be sure to keep up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment