Friday, July 25, 2014

Interview with Plague of Purity!

Genre(s): Melodic Death Metal
Location: N/A

PSAB: Why did you choose "Plague of Purity" for your band name?

POP: I'm glad you asked as that is a frequently asked question I get. Purity is what strives us to move forward, its our goal as we work to be a better person. Being as the goal is unreachable to be completely pure. I view it as a plague to spend your life working towards something you can never be, and with that the name Plague Of Purity was born.

PSAB: You're currently working on a new album, now that you're a full-fledged band. When can we expect the new album to drop?

POP: We haven't determined a release date with our label yet so don't quote me on it, but I'd say I think we can expect it this fall.

PSAB: You've played many different bands, which band has been your favorite to share the stage with?

POP: I can't really choose a favorite band but my favorite show as a Death tribute show we did at the continental club in Oakland. We played with Splattered, Logistic Slaughter, Hemotoxin, Behold The Desecration and some more awesome bands. That night was amazing and those guys were my favorite bands to share the stage with.

PSAB: What has played the most influence on your music? This can be non-music related.

POP:  I guess it would be my mentality of my youth, a kind of "the world is against me" attitude. I put that into this band and the lyrical content on the new record ranges from corruption, to insanity being the true reality and things that I would give to my 15 year old self and give him something to rage too. 

PSAB
: There are many, many, sub-genres of metal, so why did you choose to play the type of metal that you do?

POP: We honestly don't even know what type of metal we are. Melodic Deathcore? Death Metal? I really don't know and to be honestly I don't really care. I just play what I love to play and whatever sub-genre that falls under doesn't really matter to me. Part of the reason I don't know what we are is because our songs are all super different. We have a Nu Metalish song on the new album as well as a song that gives you a black metal vibe even a Metalcore sounding song, so who ever is reading this. Give us a listen and tell me what you think we are, because the band really doesn't know either haha.

PSAB: Have any shout outs to give to the readers, and your fans out there?

POP: I'd like to give a shout out to all our fans that bought a shirt, came out to a show and grabbed a demo! you guys are beyond awesome for believing in us! Readers unfamiliar with us, check us out! Anyone that supports my dream is a friend of mine so don't be shy to friend us on Facebook either!

No comments:

Post a Comment