Thursday, July 3, 2014

Upon A Burning Body Announces New Album 'The World Is My Enemy Now' And Two New Songs


Upon A Burning Body announced a new album The World Is My Enemy Now, and released two new songs from that album titled "Scars" and "Red Razor Wrists." The album will release August 12, 2014. To my surprise, the album will be released through Sumerian Records. I say, "to my surprise" because there have been a lot of drama going on with UABB.

If you missed it, I'll summarize for you. The vocalist of UABB, Danny, staged a going missing (or possibly kidnapped) yesterday (6/2/14). He also posted these two tweets the night before "going missing." This built the suspense, and grief, that Danny was actually missing, or worse. However, later on that day, Ash Avilden, the creator/CEO of Sumerian Records, posted on Sumerian's Facebook page this,

"I woke up to a ton of missed calls and just saw all this stuff about Danny Leal of UABB posing as that he's been abducted or kidnapped. My phone hasn't stopped ringing since. As a child, we all learn the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and it sticks within our consciousness for a reason. I do not condone this type of publicity stunt. This was done behind my back and I am not OK with it. In my eyes, there's never a time to use the possibility of real-life abduction, injury or murder of someone you care about to promote anything, especially an album. If you need to resort to that, then you have lost the plot. We as a society should have evolved past that way of thinking by now and especially within the rock/metal community, given all the tragedy that has happened in our world over the past few years. There are some people who owe us an apology. -Ash Avildsen, Creator & CEO of Sumerian Records."

Danny "gone missin" was found out to be a sham, so I was under the assumption that UABB wouldn't be releasing the new album through Sumerian. But maybe punishment for Danny's stunt will happen after the album has released, and/or when Mayhem Festival is over. Or nothing, I don't know, but what Danny did was not a smart move for a band (or for a normal person, really).

Anyway! Pre-order The World Is My Enemy now through Sumerian Records here (they will be up there, they're not as of this writing).


No comments:

Post a Comment