Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Interview with Despondent!

Genre(s): Instrumental/Technical Death Metal
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

PSAB: Where does the band name "Despondent" come from?

Despondent: I chose the name "Despondent" because it fits the underlining theme of the music that I write. I also did not want to go with the "verb the noun" approach. Not much significant meaning behind it. 

PSAB: Your album The Gallows is set to release on the 23rd of this month. Are you excited for the release? What can your fans expect from the album?

Despondent: Yes it is! I can't wait for you all to hear it! The EP will be Name Your Price on Bandcamp and streamed on Youtube.
PSAB: If you were given the choice to choose one musician to have featured on one of your songs. Which musician would that be?

Despondent: Cameron Argon of Disfiguring The Goddess doing guest vocals.  That would be fucking incredible!

PSAB: How's the metal scene in your area?

Despondent: The North East Ohio scene is awesome! There are a lot of talented bands in the area and we have some cool venues.

PSAB: You're a one-man band. Why did you choose that route instead of the traditional band route?

Despondent: I've always liked to do things by myself and at my own pace.  With Despondent, I can quickly release music and I have full creative control.  Things may change in the future, though. 

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give the readers out there? 

Despondent: Debut EP "The Gallows" releases on September 23rd! Keep an eye out for a Halloween split with some rad bands! If you like Despondent's logo and the cover art for "The Gallows" check out Brutal Disorder Logos!

No comments:

Post a Comment