Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Interview with Breathe Easy!

Genre(s): Metalcore
Location: Cairo, NY
PSAB: Why did you choose "Breathe Easy" for your band name?

BE: This is my favorite question to answer when asked about our band because it actually has a good story and meaning, rather than "because it sounded cool." Haha Music is a way to vent, to release all the stress and burdens from every day life. We wanted to make music that helps you get away from that bully that picks on you at school, your parent's arguing, or the huge pile of homework you have sitting in your backpack. The normal stresses of life, stuff we all face.  We want to be the band you go to to get away from it all and just chill.

The band's name, Breathe Easy, was created to represent exactly what our music, and music in general, helps us all do. You can be having the worst day of your life and be in the worst mood but when you turn on your favorite song, you just feel better. It's like magic. You relax, you feel better and breathe easy.

PSAB: When can your fans expect new music from you?

BE: It's hard to say, unfortunately. Writing music is something I do almost daily.  We have about 4 songs that are completely written and recorded. it's just a matter of sending the tracks off to get the final mix master that they need in order to come to life. It's all a matter of funding; money. Right now, all I can say is that we're planning on dropping a new track in the fall and it's a super aggressive and angry song, some of my favorite material to date.

PSAB: If you had the opportunity to hold a show with any three bands, not including yourself; which three bands would they be?

BE: A Day To Remember
Attila
Beartooth
(I See Stars is an honorable mention!)

PSAB: How is the metal scene in Cairo, NY? 

BE
: The metal scene HERE is pretty dead, honestly. It's such a small town to begin with, people's music taste don't really extend past the type of shit you'd hear on the radio. However, if you head about 40 minutes north from here to Albany, NY, the scene is alive and well. So many awesome venues such as Upstate Concert Hall, Bogies, Times Union Center, etc..there's always a show around here. It's awesome.

Shout out to "The Alaskan" and "Restless Streets" for being such awesome local bands as well and tearing up the scene. I'm really looking forward to playing a show with those dudes some time, go check them out.  Really fortunate to live so close to such a thriving scene.

PSAB: What has played the most influence on your music? This can be non-music related.

BE: Speaking for myself, I'd have to say that life in general has contributed the most.  The things I've experience, emotions, situations, etc. People I've met, the things I've done, everything.  I like to write about things I've been through and my lyrics are basically an interpretation of the situation and how I felt at the time I wrote those words. 

Which is awesome, because my songs cover basically every emotion and life situation you could think of. Ranging from extremely angry, to dealing with anxiety and depression, to trying to be a better person and cope with things bigger than yourself.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to your fans?

BE: Absolutely. Although we're still a small band, I want to thank anyone who has taken time out of their life to check out our Facebook page and give it a like or check out our music. It really means a lot to us, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment