Saturday, August 23, 2014

Interview with Descending The Heavens!

Genre(s): Progressive Blackened Death Metal
Location: Southeastern, WI

PSAB: Why did you choose the name "Descending The Heavens" for your band? 

DTH: Back in 2007, with the original band members; We were cycling through band name ideas and we were wanted something that fit our sound. We originally going to go with the concept, "The Green River Killers", but we found out it was already a band name. So then we started figuring out more ideas. At first we were going to go with "As We Descend The Heavens".. 

We thought it was too long, so we dropped the beginning part and made it to "Descending The Heavens". It's a play on words and derived from bible texts; I.e. "They came descending from the heavens." Essentially to us it means that whatever is out there in the cosmic sea will one day return and unleash hell. So in other words, aliens... Indeed.

PSAB: The band broke up for about four years, and was recently brought back in 2011. Why did the band split originally? 

DTH: Due to half us still being in high school and the other half starting college, we ended up calling it quits.. Everyone went there separate ways. So I went out to find and rebuild a new band. Well through trial and error, I started to give up on music all together... Then one day I got an Facebook message from a former guitarist in one of the band's I had been in before, "Failed Savior". He asked if I would be interested in joining his new incarnation of his old project, "Before We Are Forgotten". 

It is here I meet future drummer of DTH and brother in arms, Adam Troyer. We practiced a couple times, but I wasn't feeling it. We were doing the tandem vocal gig and other dude was a stuck up kid. So I was going to back out, when Adam messaged me saying they were all talking behind my back that they were going kick me out anyways. Well with that I deported that band and Adam followed in spite of their actions. From there we gave a renewal to D.T.H. and it has been history ever since.. After countless member changes, I believe I have found the perfect group of musicians, I've been looking for!! 

PSAB: You're currently unsigned, if you could be signed to any record label, which label would that be and why? 

DTH: I've really been digging the releases from Subliminal Groove Records and Unique Leader Records. DTH would fit in with those band's and those record labels. Although Metal Blade would be quite stellar! Anyways if we do ever get signed, it doesn't matter where it would be. Just being able to play our music every night, is fine with me. 

PSAB: How is the metal scene in your area?

DTH: Ohh man, the Wisconsin metal scene is growing by numbers! There is so many talented bands hidden up here in this cesspool!! The shows are getting better as well. A lot of cool tours are starting to roll through more, as well. The only thing that does suck up here is the lack of people attending some of the shows. It tends to be hit or miss. But we still give the fans what they came for, no matter how many people are there! You have shared the stage with many, many bands.

PSAB: Which band has been your favorite to play along side?  

DTH: Hell yeah! It's been an honor to share the stage with them all. I have so many favorites, but I'll choose one for now; I'd have to say, sharing the stage with Aborted and Kataklysm, back in April. That was a killer show!! Although our show next month in Chicago, with Putrid Pile is going to be quite gnarly, too.. 

PSAB: Have any shout outs to give to the readers out there?

DTH: To my band and family, DTH. Also our friends in An Ocean Above Us, Anomaly, Beyond De-th, The Central, Devolving Messiah, Grave Remains,Samyaza, Squidhammer, The Unnecessary Gunpoint Lecture, Vermilion and War Of Abaddon. Also to all our friends we have made over the past couple of years! Most of all our fans! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment