Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Interview with The Devil Himself!

Genre(s): Deathcore/Down Tempo
Location: Beeville, TX

PSAB: Why did you choose the name "The Devil Himself" for your band? 

TDH: It sort of just came to me one day. I'm into LaVeyan Satanism, and they believe in individualism, so I thought it fit because I'm a one man band.

PSAB: How was the feedback when you released Inhuman? Are you still receiving feedback now?

TDH: The feedback was great! I was surprised how many people liked it. 

PSAB: You're a one-man band. Why did you choose to go that route instead of the traditional band route? 

TDH: I live in a small town and it's difficult to find dedicated musicians. I've been in a lot of small garage bands, none of them worked out and I've never played a show. So I eventually got tired of it and pretty much said forget this, I'll do it all myself!

PSAB: What is the local metal scene like in Beeville, TX?

TDH: We have a few punk bands, metal bands and metal core bands, but overall it's not that great. I wanted to change that though, so I just recently started to book shows and get bands from out of town to come play, in hopes to revive our metal scene.

PSAB: Are there any one-man bands that influenced you to become a one-man band? If not, what bands played an influence on your music?

TDH: I grew up listening to bands like Marilyn Manson, The Misfits, Bless The Fallen, Elysia, Bleeding Through,  Rose Funeral, Cattle Decapitation, HIM, Motionless In White and Slipknot. I've been getting into newer bands like The Last Ten Seconds Of Life, Defiler, Traitors, Acrania and Black Tongue which really helped me find a sound that fit me.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to the readers out there?

TDH: I'd like to say thank you to everyone who's supported me and my music and checked out my single. It means a lot me. I'll have more music on the way soon, so keep your eyes open, this is just the beginning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment