Thursday, September 11, 2014

Interview with Centurion of Berlin!

Facebook
Genre(s): Melodic Metalcore/Progressive
Location: N/A

PSAB: Where does the band name "Centurion of Berlin" come from?

COB: Centurion Of Berlin originates from a period of history that I took extreme interest in, ancient Rome. The leaders of a Roman squad were known as 'Centurions' and they would be the most formidable opponents. As for the Berlin part, that can be interpreted in
different ways. The way I dubbed it was for a part of my German heritage, but it could also be interpreted as a need of a hero in a state of distress. Back when it was just my own solo project, it seemed pretty intense.
 
PSAB: You state on your Facebook that you're tired of hearing the same style of music. What sets your band apart from the cookie cutter bands out there? 

COB
: Don't even get me started on what the metalcore scene/hardcore scene has become. It mostly irritates me, primarily with vocals, when every single up-and-coming band has a really similar vox sound. That is where I feel our strength is the greatest. The vocals I have are deep, raw, and powerful. Not the average 'middle scream' through the whole song. But, I feel that Centurion Of Berlin also has a very melodic passion where lead guitar shines brighter than the rhythm. It is rare to see many new bands have an immersive trait to them, so I feel we would stand out amongst the newer generation of music.

PSAB: If you had the choice to set up a five band show; which five bands would you choose? 

COB
: I would love to perform with The Amity Affliction, Architects, Indreams (before they disbanded), We Made Steel, and Born Of Osiris. They all have similar styles and to me, they all have a unique sound and style.

PSAB: What is the local metal scene like in your area?  

COB
: The local metal scene in our area is terrible. If it isn't rap or pop, it is country. It is very rare that we are able to find who LISTENS to our type of music. It has been such a struggle trying to be able to have a live lineup, hence two studio members and one other live member. 

PSAB: Is there a particular country you would like to tour, if you given the chance? 

COB
: I would love to tour Germany. I feel that they would take the band name straight to the heart. Plus, they have a ton of metal love out there.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give? 

COB
: I would love to shout out to Indreams. Even though they only released three songs, they are, and always will be, a huge motivation boost towards becoming more recognized.three songs, they are, and always will be, a huge motivation boost towards becoming more recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment