Monday, October 13, 2014

Interview with Death Rides A Horse!

Genre(s): Death Metal
Location: Harvard, MA

PSAB: Why did you choose the name "Death Rides A Horse" for your band?

DRAH: Well before DRAH we went by Beyond Crimson Tides and to me it just kinda sounded cheesy like we were trying too hard to sound deep. One day I was listening to Russian Circles and they have a song called Death Rides A Horse and the name kinda just stuck with me and I kept bothering the other guys til it stuck with them haha. To me its a cool name with any possibilities of sound.

PSAB: How's the feedback for your new album Progress, that you dropped back in September? 

DRAH
: Feedback is generally good from friends and people that have seen us play live. We love hearing back from people. It feels good knowing other people dig what you're doing especially in a genre as diverse as metal.

PSAB: If you had the choice to have a musician featured on one of your tracks. Which musician would that be and why? 

DRAH
: If it came to a vote it would be John Petrucci hands down. That would be one insane track.

PSAB: What is the metal scene like in your area? 

DRAH
: The metal scene in Massachusetts is pretty big I feel. I mean you have bands like Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Godsmack, Revocation  and many other talented bands that have made big names for themselves. There are also a lot of killer local bands that I think will break out and do great things like our friends in My One Regret and My Missing Half. They will shred your faces off!!!

PSAB: What are three bands that play the most influence on your music? 

DRAH
: I'd have to say bands like Lamb of God, Opeth, and Dream Theatre are our biggest influences. 

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to the readers out there? 

DRAH
: I mentioned them earlier but shout outs to My One Regret and My Missing half!!! Our friends and family who support us and anyone out there making music that they love and feel passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment