Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Interview with Blight!

Genre(s): Death Metal/Thrash Metal
Location: Galax, VA

PSAB: What is the story behind choosing your name as "Blight?"

Blight: How we came up with the name Blight? Well, my brother and I decided we wanted to start a band, and we wanted a simple and memorable name. Plus, I liked the game Dragonage, and a disease type thing that mutated people and animals was called Blight. So, that's pretty much it.

PSAB: You released a new single back in August titled "Branches." How has the feedback been for that single?

Blight: Ah, Branches? Well, most of the feedback has been great. People love the complexity of it compared to our other songs, but others enjoy the more simple approach like in the song we released before that called Anxiety. Overall, I believe the majority of feedback was rather positive.

PSAB: If you had the choice of touring one country with one other band, which country and band would you choose?

Blight: Probably America, and I would love to tour with Job For a Cowboy. That's just my choice, but I'm sure our bassist would choose Europe or something.

PSAB: How's the metal scene in Galax, VA?

Blight: The metal scene is Galax could be better, but at least we have one. Before we started our band in 2012, the metal scene seemed more involved and mature. That's one of the biggest reasons we decided to make music.

PSAB: What are your hobbies outside of creating music?

Blight: Personally I enjoy hiking, bike riding, of course listening to music, and just being active and having a good time.

PSAB: Have any shout outs to give?

Blight: Shout outs? Well, I'd like to give a shou tout to my entire band, Andy Hanks, Darien Dabbs, and Zack Davis. Also, a bulk shoutout to all of the remaining metal bands in Galax and the surrounding area. Let's bring the scene back to its former glory, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment