Friday, May 16, 2014

Interview with Pure Adrenaline!

Genre(s): Groove Metal
Location: Toledo, OH

PSAB: Why did you choose the name "Pure Adrenaline" for your band?

Ed: We toyed around with several band names, and nothing seemed to really fit the  sound we were anticipating, until Pure Adrenaline was mentioned. Raw, aggressive   energy in its purest form. Our name describes our sound perfectly to us.

PSAB: Are you currently working on new material? If so, when can we expect it to release?

Ed: Yes, we have two new songs with our current lineup, and several riffs and lyrics  written ready to be made into songs. We would still like to promote our first album, and   officially release it, but an E.P will be in the works before you know it. We're excited   about the evolution of our sound, and want to show the growth in our music.

Derek: Yes we are working on new material! Not sure when it’s going to be released  though as we are still trying to find a stable lineup. New stuff is pretty tight though. IMHO

PSAB: You're currently unsigned, if you could be signed to any record label, which label would that be and why?

Ed: Roadrunner. It's the premier record company for several metal acts, and some of my  biggest influences are a part of that label.

Derek: Definitely Sumerian Records. They’re not as big as the household names yet but  I do like how their staff handles things and the bands they’ve signed are pretty damn   good if I say so myself. Except for a certain band that has the initials AA.

PSAB: What is the local metal scene like in Toledo, OH?
 
Ed: Toledo isn't particularly great for our style of metal, but we still love playing there,  and rock out at all of their venues. A lot of bands have die hard fans from Toledo that go   to their every show, and that's something we really respect.

Derek:
Toledo is tough. The music scene in Toledo is definitely a curse and a blessing.  A lot of the bands are giving it their best shot here, but honestly; it’s not exactly the place   where you’ll find scouters or music mag photographers just hanging out with the crowd   at venues. Some of the best local bands play in Toledo though! Mobile Deathcamp has   played with us on multiple occasions and they have a killer set. BOE SKADELAND.

PSAB: What plays the most influence on your music? This can be non-music related.
 
Ed: It's a combination of things for me. Music is my biggest passion, and I can not get  enough of it. I strive to make powerful music that our fans can relate to, and feel on a   personal level. Writing music raises my heart rate and pumps me up. Lyrically, I write   towards things I witness in life. What might be going on in the world, as far as politics or   world issues. Personal struggles, day to day things I see that are rarely brought up. Our   music is for our fans, as much as it is for me as well.
 
Derek: The Djent and Tech Death genre’s have definitely inspired me as of recently.  You’ll definitely here a little of The Faceless’ influence on me in a new song we play   which might get released as a single in the future!

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to your fans?

Ed: Certainly! Thank you everyone who has been visiting social media websites. We  really hope you are digging the album release through YouTube. Thank you for following   us on Twitter, getting us likes on Facebook, and simply being an adrenaline junkie.   Nothing is better than our fans!

Derek: First off, my mother. I would not be here today if it weren’t for her. She is my  number one in life and always will be. My buddy from Saturna, a small Djent project   from South Carolina who trades feedback with me. And lastly, Adrian from my current   progressive metal project for which I drum for. He saved our butts majorly by playing   bass in my spot while I played drums after our drummer left us hanging 3 days before a   gig. You’re awesome man. We are forever in your debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment