Saturday, May 17, 2014

Interview with The Man With 31 Faces!

Genre(s): Deathcore / Nintendocore / Ambient
Location: Patrick Springs, VA

PSAB: Where did the band name “The Man with 31 Faces” come from exactly?

TMW31F: The idea for the bands is actually inspired by a series of unsolved terrorist attacks in japan starting in the early 1980s. At this time I group or individual acting as a group became committing began threating the public and food companies with controlled cyanide attacks, under the name “The Monster with 21 Faces” This case always interested me so I decided on the name “The Man with 31 Faces” as a reference to the unsolved case.

PSAB: You released your first single "Fever Dream" about a month ago. How has the feedback been for that song?

TMW31F: The feedback has been great! I have had a lot people tell that it is there first experience with Nintendocore music which is really cool. Of course the track isn’t for everyone but really nothing is. The EP that this single is on is also dropping soon so everyone if you’re interested in some weird experimental Deathcore, go check it out!

PSAB: If you could have one musician featured on one your songs, which musician would that be and why?

TMW31F: I would pick Todd Smith of influential Avant Garde Metal band Dog Fashion Disco. The guy is a musical legend that sadly does not get enough credit. `From lounge singing to Creepy falsettos to full on death growls. This man is a killer vocalist.

PSAB: How is the local metal scene in your area?

TMW31F: Unfortunately nonexistent really. Besides this project there are maybe 2 -3 more metals acts in my area so it’s not really much of a scene. Most the support I get and the scene I consider myself part of is the Online Nintendocore Scene. There dozens of artist in this scene that make unique and experimental material. We all work together and critique each other’s work in order to get all of us sounding the best we can. We have a completion album coming soon actually so if anyone is interested in a lot of 8 bit awesomeness the link will be on my page.

PSAB: Which bands play the most influence on your music?

TMW31F: On most of my work instrumentally, the biggest influence is We Butter the Bread With butter. I try to make very heavy but also very electronic sounding Metal music. Vocally my biggest influences are bands like The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein and Cradle of Filth. All my Dark Ambient pieces are influenced by famed video game composer Akira Yamaoka, who is best known as the composer for the Silent Hill Franchise.

PSAB: Do you have any shout outs to give to readers out there?

TMW31F: I want to personally thank Ryan Taylor of Pillars of Sarnath and Trevor Anderson of Blank Flank for helping acquire the set up to make this music because if they had not none of this would be possible. I want to thank my friend and former bandmate Jack Maxie for teaching me pretty much everything I know about programming whether is he aware he did not. 

A HUGE THANKS! To Torn Flesh Records for always supporting my work. A big shout out to the Nintendocore scene! Ryan, Trevor, Riely, Matt, Nick, The awesomely Swoll dudes at All Hail The Moustache, Bryan, Damante, Thron, Skylah and anyone else I am forgetting! A big thanks to my friend Chad for being such an awesome Idol and last but not least my awesome girlfriend Jule for being supportive of this crazy hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment