Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Interview with Fiction!

Genre(s): Metalcore
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PSAB: Why did you choose "Fiction" for your band name?

Fiction: Because you can't believe every story that you hear, plus we were sick of our old one - The Obstacles Unknown - and thought that it was a cool and powerful word. And we figured, why not? So many people can refer it to something in their own world too!
PSAB: How was the feedback when dropped your single "The Wrath"? Are you still receiving feedback now? 

Fiction
:
We didn't receive any negativity, plenty of support from close friends but we do want to get more feedback! Always looking for a way to plug it in online *wink wink*
PSAB: What do you do outsides of the band? Your hobbies.

Donnie (Guitar): Working out, but mostly just listening to and making music.

Brandon "Dino" (Bass):besides being a husband and a full time dad: I like to game a little bit, I cook and I recreationally smoke.

Jake (Vocals):work is a hobby all it's own, but I enjoy drawing and reading books. Watching and learning about people, and also making a fool of myself is a favorite pastime!

Jarmal "Malo" (Drums): I love to lift. I pride myself in being the coolest dad ever, and a TV junkie (RIP SOA). Oh, and my biggest hobby is attending shows and learning about as much as I can about as many bands as I can.
PSAB: How's the metal scene in Minneapolis?

Fiction: We've some big shoes to fill following behind killer bands like Reflections, After The Burial and Don't Worry I'm A Doctor. There is a lot of young fierce talent out here but there could always be more people!
PSAB: What are three bands that play the most influence on your music?

Fiction: Suicide Silence, speck of Chelsea Grin. Memphis May Fire. Slipknot
We are a collective mesh of the last 10 years of subgenres in metal. Anything that ends with "core" is something one of us listens to
PSAB: Any shout outs to give?

Fiction: To Adam Sagan at the Roseville Guitar Center in MN!

To Dakota, and the rest of In Solace. A really awesome band from WI, just released a new album!
To Meems and Hondro for putting up with us four times a month!
And a shoutout to Bonnie for always being there for me, no matter what
And shoutout to Pig Squeals and Breakdowns for even taking the time to send us an email. Cool dudes like you are the reason bands like us can even find us at all. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment